Eczema Case Study
January 17, 2016 - L. Boy…4 year old boy with severe eczema since birth with topical steroids uses during all those years. With also some Prednisone used on and off for the last 1-2 years. L.Boy was seen by approximately 5 different MD’s and Dermatologist over the last few years with allergy skin test done and blood work test done to determine why L.Boy had severe Eczema.
Western Tests previously done:
The Skin tested showed House dust mites, dairy, peanuts and some other minor pollen irritation.
Blood work showed very high (WBC) White Blood Count, high (RBC) Red Blood Count, very high Eosinophils, high Platelet count and high Uric acid.
I started to treat L. Boy in mid Oct. of 2015 but have no pictures before Jan 24th 2016.
January 24, 2016 - as reported by his mother:
“So far as seen in the pictures, he seemed to respond very well. Less itchy, less flaky and even his redness reduced. He also doesn’t have any oozing and that certain smell that comes out before. His appetite, moods, sleep and movement is ok too”
January 27, 2016 - as reported by his mother;
“ Face is much better. Also the neck, back, chest, stomach, upper arm and upper leg.
His redness and flakiness are just on the lower leg.
Mood, appetite, bowel movement are ok.
He is definitely much better as compared to 2 months ago but with regards to his itch, just a little improvement compared to 2 months ago.”
Feb 9th, 2016 - as reported by his mother:
“Regarding L. Boy, he still has colds and now a bit of cough. I am having second thoughts on bringing him to the pediatrician because they might be not that open minded to the natural methods and will just give him these medicines that might be more harmful to him. Will the mint tea help him with his cough and colds?
So far he still looks the same and still itchy but his mood, appetite and bowel movement are good.”
February 15, 2016 - reported by his mother:
“Just wanted to give you an update about L. Boy. He is doing quite well:
- no more cough and colds
- Skin appears to be whiter
- Flaky skin just on the face, lower legs and elbows
- Itchy just mainly on the lower legs
- Little oozing just on the feet
- Slight smell- not as strong as before
- Mood, appetite and bowel movement are ok”
February 26, 2016 - reported by his mother:
“L. Boy is I think really slowly getting better. Here are some of the details:
- His face and legs looks a bit better than the last picture i showed you.
- His left elbow looks a bit inflamed because it was a dry and was cracking last night.
- His stomach and back has less bumps/rashes than before.
- good mood, appetite, bowel movement.
- more active and talkative
- oozing just on the foot and on the wound on his left arm
- very slight smell
- he is less itchy in the night
- good sleep”
March 14, 2016 - as reported by his mother
“Skin appears to be less inflamed
- Almost no flakiness left
- Skin seems to be more softer and smooth (not much cracks and wrinkles esp on the elbow, knees and feet)
- Itching seems to be less than last month esp in the night. He has very good sleep patterns now.
- More active, happy and talkative than last month
- Very good bowel movement and appetite
- Oozing and slight smell just on the face area”
April 19, 2016 - as reported by his mother:
“L. Boy has been doing very well:
- Very active and happy
- Less itchy as compared to last month
- No flakes, oozing and smell
- Sleep, Bowel movement and appetite is good.”
April 21st 2015 - as reported by his mother:
“L. Boy is still quite itchy all over not because of the dry skin but because he still has some rash or maybe its the eczema.
His skin is actually quite soft and smooth now without any flakes.”
April 29th 2015 - as reported by his mother:
“L. Boy is slowly getting better. Huge improvement with regards to itch, skin color, mood and movement compared to last month.”
May 12, 2016 - as reported by his mother:
- “Same skin features as to last email. Just lesser scrapes and scratches so less itchy.
- Rash is less around the body
- Definitely no more flakes, oozing and smell.
- Still very active and good bowel movement, sleep and appetite.”
June 19, 2016 - as reported by his mother:
“ L. Boy is just simply slowly getting better.
One small problem is his legs. I am still trying to figure out what he is allergic because it is only on the legs that he has that kind of rash.”
July 20, 2016 - as reported by his mother
“L. Boy is doing very well. No oozing, smell, really few scrapes and scratches ( mostly just on the legs), skin normal in color. Mood, appetite, bowel movement are all very good. Also very active and now goes to school.”
December 10, 2016 - "skin now 90%+ better" all other functions normal"
December 25, 2016 - It has been about one year that L-Boy is off of all topical steroids and no predinosine. As you can tell he is about 95%+ better from his eczema skin condition, with still a little bit more to go to resolve all of the steroid burn withdrawal symptoms.